Jump start your career - get real industry experience working in an Australian organisation.
Set yourself apart from your peers with on the job training, gaining additional skills and industry experience to compliment your degree. Through this unique world class program you can be placed in a professional organisation to work on a real project. Upon completion of your degree, you will have industry experience and a validated referee for your resume giving you an advantage in a competitive employment environment.
The Internship runs for approximately 10 weeks of a trimester. As an Intern you are expected to spend 20 hours per week with the host company working on a project set by the organisation. This gives you practical experience to complement your theoretical knowledge as well as experiencing first hand Australian Corporate life.
Being a part of a corporate team and working together with various business units over the duration of the internship will give you a thorough understanding and invaluable insight into the Australian corporate world - enhancing your career opportunities.
As JCU Brisbane recognises that employers highly value professional experience and demonstrable employability skills we have developed this program to give you the advantage.
Only students who demonstrate professional conduct throughout their studies will be considered for the internship program. Ultimately it is the employer who makes the final decision to host a student therefore the students' professionalism, communication skills and engagement with the process is critical.
Who can apply?
- The internship program is available for all students (with the exception of Master of Professional Accounting only) who meet the eligibility criteria
- Undergraduate students undertake an internship in their final year (as an elective)
- Master students undertake an internship in their final trimester (as an elective)
- Bachelor Internships GPA ≥ 4.0, Master Internships GPA ≥ 5.0
- No academic misconduct reports
- High level communication skills in business English
Benefits of the Internship Program
- Increased skills and knowledge
- Differentiate yourself ahead of your peers with demonstrated work experience within a chosen field
- Greater confidence and enhanced self-esteem
- Increased personal and professional networks
- Access to opportunities that will contribute to personal and professional development
- Understanding of the professional, industrial and social contexts within today's corporate business environment
- Increase capacity for team work and collaboration
- An ability for critical thinking, analysis and problem solving skills
- Development of organisational and personal management skills
Click here to view a list of previous host organisations.
For further information contact
Telephone: +61 7 3001 7817