Graduation celebrates the completion of your studies, and marks your transition from student to graduate.
If you are close to graduating, you should familiarise yourself with the graduation processes and procedures.
Below is some information to help you with your graduation process:
- Online Graduation Application Form (Closing date 16 August 2013)
- Australian Higher Education Statement
- Academic Dress Hire Form
2013 Brisbane Graduation Ceremony
The 2013 Brisbane Graduation Ceremony (Faculty of Law, Business and the Creative Arts) will be held at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre on Friday 13th September 2013, starting at 12.00pm in the Plaza Auditorium, Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre (Grey St entrance)
Academic Dress Hire
For ceremonial purposes, you must wear formal academic attire at your graduation ceremony. You can hire your academic dress through JCU Brisbane. Academic dress hire opens on Monday 22nd July. You will need to complete the Academic Dress Hire Form and submit to Level 6 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for Academic Dress hire is Friday 6th September 2013. Cash and credit card payments are both accepted.
An Alumni function will be held on campus on Thursday evening 12 September for all JCU graduates including students graduating on Friday 13 September. Further details will be advised on our JCU Brisbane website in coming weeks.
- Request for Official Academic Record
- Graduates email address FAQ
- Graduates Online
- Replacing lost or destroyed Certificate or Testamur
- Getting a job
- Further study
Also, be sure to check out the Careers section for some useful tips on finding full time and graduate work.
JCU alumni are valued members of a global community and we consider each and every one an ambassador for JCU. Once you qualify as an alumnus because of your studies or by virtue of being a staff member, you are a member of this global community.
JCU alumni consist of the following:
- all members of Convocation, as set and defined in JCU Statutes (no. 1);
- all current and former staff who have served for at least one year, including academic and general staff;
- all current and former students of JCU (including the other institutions listed in the Convocation) who have successfully completed the equivalent of at least one full-time teaching period (i.e. three subjects), including past students who did not graduate;
- all donors who have given a cumulative gift of at least $1,000.
The Convocation of the University consists of the following:
- all graduates of the University and all graduates of the Townsville College of Advanced Education;
- all members and past members of the council and all past members of the council of the Townsville College of Advanced Education;
- all past members of the Advisory Council of the University College of Townsville;
- graduates of the University of Queensland who, while undergraduates, were enrolled for at least three years at the University College of Townsville;
- the following staff of the University:
- academic staff
- the Registrar
- the Director, Resources Office
- the University Librarian
- the Director, Central Services Office
- such other persons who accept an invitation from the council to become members of the Convocation.
JCU Alumni are entitled to a range of benefits and discounts encompassing travel, accommodation, car rental, entertainment, printing, photocopying, stationery, computers, and finance, fitness and library services. We will be adding to this range of the benefits on a regular basis.
If you are a Graduate/Alumnus, login here to take advantage of these benefits.