Multi Faith Prayer Room
James Cook University Brisbane embraces the religious and spiritual diversity of our community. We recognise that some faiths require religious observance such as prayer and other ceremonial activities during University hours. To support this we have a Multi Faith Prayer Room.
It is located on level 5 of the campus and is open to both JCU Brisbane students and staff. This room is designed to be a welcoming and accessible space for people of all faiths and traditions.
Please read the below guidelines, and take care to understand the sensibilities of others, which may be very different from your own.
The Multi-faith Prayer Room is divided by a curtain to enable men and women to pray separately, for Muslims and others where this is a part of their tradition. When the room is not in use the "male users" side can be also used by mixed gender groups of other traditions. Please maintain the "female users" side as a women only space.
Cleaning/washing facilities are available in the level 5 bathrooms. Please take care to ensure that water is not splashed on the floor. Paper towels are available to keep this area dry.
- Please maintain an atmosphere of respect at all times.
- Shoes are to be removed before entering the prayer room and placed on the shelf provided.
- No alcohol is allowed in the prayer room.
- Lighting candles or burning incense is prohibited.
- Please take care to leave the Prayer Room clean and tidy at all times.
Below are some links to a range of religious groups in Queensland.